The Capa Grand Prize Hungary is annually awarded to a photographer who works in any branch of photography, has been established professionally, and demonstrates a proven track record of outstanding talent. The Capa Center established the prize to emphasize its commitment to the creation of new artworks that enrich our society. The fellowships and the prize aim at furthering the development of the artists, and encouraging their future experimentation.
The fellowship-winners of the Capa Grand Prize Hungary 2022: Szabolcs Barakonyi, Fanni Katalin Horváth, Simon Móricz-Sabján.
Selection from the photos of Szabolcs Barakonyi
Selection from the photos of Fanni Katalin Horváth
Selection from the photos of Simon Móricz-Sabján
The members of the Capa Grand Prize Hungary 2021 jury:
• Claudia Küssel independent curator, art historian
• Kateryna Radchenko curator, photographer, photography researcher, founding director of Odesa Photo Days festival (Ukraine)
• Anna-Kaisa Rastenberger chief curator of The Finnish Museum of Photography, professor (Finland)
• Karin Rehn-Kaufmann art director and chief representative of Leica Galleries International, organiser of the Leica Oskar Barnack Award (Austria)
• Szatmári Gergely DLA, associate professor at MATE Rippl-Rónai Art Institute, head of the MA program, president of the jury